BioFlo™: Includes all the Intrinsic Values of an iSOC®
- Small carbon footprint
- Low O&M
- Simple to deploy
- Remote locations
Converting it from a Passive Technology
into an Active Remediation System
BioFlo™ is an innovative design from the inventors and manufacturers of iSOC® to create a reactive bio-barrier in areas where there is limited groundwater flow. BioFlo™ creates a low flow stream of highly gaseous supersaturated water that can be used by itself or in conjunction with a small water recovery system to create a unique mini pump and treat system. The system can saturate the water with any combination of gases for aerobic, anaerobic or cometabolic bioremediation. Its small pumping system can be powered by solar, wind or battery power or a regular 110 V power source.
BioFlo™ Features & Benefits
|Zero down time||=||Save time, save mony|
|Remediate 24/7/365||=||Faster site closure|
|No replacement parts needed||=||Save time, save money|
|No drying time requied||=||Save time, save money|
|Easier to use||=||Less training required|
|No business interruption||=||Satisfied client|
|Operates with solar or wind||=||Green sustainable technology|
|Runs for pennies a day||=||Hugh cost savings|
|Hands free operation||=||Minimal O&M required|
IF GAS SUPPLY IS INTERRUPTED, THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE ANY PARTS OR DRY THE BioFlo™ UNIT. SIMPLY SHAKE WATER FROM BioFlo™, CONNECT THE NEW OXYGEN SUPPLY AND REDEPLOY THE BioFlo™.
BioFlo™ Design Advantages
- Accelerates site closure through enhanced natural attenuation as a primary remediation strategy or as a polisher
- Delivers 40 to 120 PPM DO depending on BioFlo™ depth
- Installs in 4 inch wells
- Application not limited by iron fouling under most conditions
- Connects to standard gas cylinder
- No off-gases, pumps, or hazardous by-products
- Small, simple, efficient, predictable, easy to use and very low O&M
- Ideal for remote locations and sites with no power access
How BioFlo™ Works
Like iSOC®, the patented Gas inFusion technology achieves supersaturated levels of dissolved gases in liquids. BioFlo™ features a structured polymer mass transfer device containing a hydrophobic microporous hollow fiber that provides an enormous surface area – approximately 7,000 square feet of interface area per cubic feet of material – for excellent mass transfer. The internal control valve maintains proper gas pressure ensuring mass transfer without bubbles or sparging.
Provides different gas options
- Different active remediation strategies
- Rugged, quality construction of iSOC®
- Simple installation
- Same intrinsic values of iSOC®
- O2 for aerobic degradation - hydrocarbons, MTBE, vinyl chloride
- H2 for anaerobic degradation of chlorinated compounds
- Alkane gas and O2 for cometabolic degradation of recalcitrant compounds
These remedial approaches have been used on active gas stations, rail yards, landfills, remote pipeline sites, chemical and industrial facilities; brownfields, residential, commercial, institutions and manufactured gas plants.
Simply change gas cylinder and check for moisture in the inline filter. There should be no downtime for your BioFlo™ system. In the event the gas supply is interrupted;1) pull unit from the well; 2) drain the unit by removing the bottom plug, shake out water and reinsert plug; 3) activate new gas supply; 4) test BioFlo™ in a bucket of water to make sure it is bubbling; 5) re-insert in well. Procedure should take about 10 minutes. In the event that the BioFlo™ fails to bubble when tested, change the flow controller with the spare provided repeat steps 4 and 5. Refer to our website for assistance.