Tersus Environmental offers a range of groundwater remediation technologies and products. Our technologies have been specifically designed for environmental applications with an emphasis on performance, cost-effectiveness, ease of use and environmental safety.
Advancing the Science of In Situ Groundwater Remediation
Electron Donor Solution (EDS)
- EDS-ER (electron donor solution – extended release) is a vegetable oil based water mixable oil that self emulsifies on contact with water. EDS-ER contains no water (reduced shipping costs) and is 100% fermentable. Other emulsified vegetable oil (EVO) based products are about 50% water. The benefit is that you buy far less EDS-ER than competitive products. As an example, you would need to buy more than double the amount of an EVO with 45% vegetable oil to equal the amount of fermentable product in EDS-ER. EDS-ER is a simple, safe, low-cost solution for the bioremediation of halogenated straight-chain and aromatic hydrocarbons, perchlorate, explosives such as aromatic nitrates, energetic munitions residuals, nitrates, acids, radionuclides, oxidized metals, and other contaminants.
- EDS-QR (electron donor solution - quick release) is a fast-acting, completely soluble amendment formulated with >98% natural seed oils engineered for enhanced reductive dechlorination of chlorinated solvents or any other anaerobically degradable substance. EDS-QR is an ideal choice for projects that are on a fast track. One injection will typically enhance biological activity for 2 to 3 months.
Advancing the Science of Bioremediation and NAPL Recovery
Gas inFusion Technologies
- iSOC®: When suspended in 2-inch wells, either new wells or existing monitoring wells, iSOC® infuses high levels of oxygen or other gases into groundwater without bubbles, and with a very low decay rate at atmospheric pressure. Due to its low capital and operating costs, and its extreme efficiency, many US state governments are specifying iSOC® for reimbursed clean up sites. The technology has been successfully deployed in 47 US states, Canada, Europe, Japan and many Middle Eastern and Australasian countries. The iSOC® is also being used by most major consultants, oil companies, manufacturing corporations and the military.
- HiSOC® is based on the robust design of iSOC® and possesses its low O&M and capital cost structure. HiSOC® is designed with specialized fittings to deliver Hydrogen gas for reductive dechlorination of chlorinated aliphatic hydrocarbons, denitrification of nitrate and reduction of perchlorate in groundwater. The HiSOC® fits in 2-inch wells or existing monitoring wells to infuse hydrogen gas directly into the groundwater.
- BioFlo™ is an innovative design from the inventors and manufacturers of iSOC® to create a reactive bio-barrier in areas where there is limited groundwater flow. BioFlo™ creates a low flow stream of highly gaseous supersaturated water that can be used by itself or in conjunction with a small water recovery system to create a unique mini pump and treat system. The system can saturate the water with any combination of gases for aerobic, anaerobic or cometabolic bioremediation. Its small pumping system can be powered by solar, wind or battery power or a regular 110 V power source.
- gPRO® HP is a gas delivery technology capable of infusing high amounts of dissolved gas into liquids under pressure. The gPRO® HP system can be used to infuse gas (for example oxygen) into water in a tank which then can be injected into the aquifer; or infuse water that has been pumped out of an aquifer and treated ex-situ and then re-injected back into the aquifer; or retrofitted to a pump and treat system significantly shorten time to site closure. Infusion is accomplished without additives such as hydrogen peroxide, ozone or other agents with potentially harmful side effects.
- gPRO® LP is a gas delivery technology capable of infusing high amounts of dissolved gas into liquids under the pressure of the head of water that it is situated. gPRO® LP can infuse water both ex situ and in situ. For ex-situ infusion, the gPRO® can be submerged into a tank of water to infuse gas; or the gPRO® LP can be placed within a well (or series of wells) to treat the contaminated zone. It is particularly effective in the infusion of hydrogen for the remediation of chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- SWI NAPL Recovery: SWI is saturated water injection using carbon dioxide gas. The means of getting the CO2 into the water is the gPRO® HP. This technology significantly enhances the vacuum recovery of both light and dense NAPL's from the saturated zone.