Tersus Environmental is the exclusive distributor of the oxygen sparging-pulse injection system by Energy & Environmental Fabricators (EEF). The turnkey system is available in trailers or insulated shipping containers and is delivered to your site ready for immediate hook-up. The systems are functionally tested prior to shipping, and once delivered, all you need to do is connect power to the system and interconnect our manifold piping to your injections wells!
The EEF Oxygen Sparging-Pulse Injection Systems:
- Built to meet your Project Design Requirements
- High Oxygen Delivery Rates exceed Oxygen Demand
- Cost Effective and Highly Efficient Oxygen Delivery
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Powered with Touch Screen Display
- Remote Access Capability, O&M Manual and Full Documentation Provided
- Portable, Secure and Insulated (heated and/or air conditioned)
The Evolution of Oxygen Sparging-Pulse Injection of Pure Oxygen and Air
Oxygen transport is the major limiting factor for the success of aerobic bioremediation. In the 1980s the bioremediation industry focused on recirculation of groundwater and amending it with hydrogen peroxide. As concerns mounted about safety, the toxicity of peroxide and fouling of injection wells, consideration was given to air sparging due to its volatilization and biodegradation component. In 1994, it was recognized that oxygen sparging can enhance oxygen delivery/solubilization rates (less interference from nitrogen gas dissolution) while minimizing volatilization of compounds in the sparged medium (so you don’t need SVE). Today, oxygen injection continues to improve and EEF is simply the latest design change in last fifteen years.
The EEF oxygen sparging-pulse injection system represents state of the art implementation that injects pure oxygen for a period of time and subsequently pushesthe injected oxygen into the formation using pulses of air. The air pulses also help to push away (free up to dissolve), trapped nitrogen gas (from atmospheric equilibrium). Breaking up the nitrogen trapped gas improves oxygen transfer efficiency. Atmospheric air contains only 21% oxygen, the remainder primarily consisting of nitrogen, and the solubility and maximum transfer rate of oxygen into water is limited by this level of nitrogen. Injecting 90% pure oxygen instead of air enhances the theoretical maximum solubility of oxygen in water from approximately 18 milligrams per liter (mg/L), at a sparge pressure of 30 pounds per square inch gage (psig) to 75 mg/L at the same pressure.
The EFF System Superiority:
- Pulse injection of Oxygen and Air for Optimal Dispersion
- Operator flexibility to adjust Timing Sequence
- Modular Design allows for System Expansion (5 to over 100 injection points)
- Integration with other remediation strategies (SVE or groundwater recirculation)
- High Quality Components... No skimping!
- Enhanced Technology!
- Proven Success!
Sparge system operation affected DO and TVOCs down gradient of the sparge transect, increasing average DO to ~20 ppm, and decreasing average TVOCs from 3,513 ppb to ND. Carbon dioxide production increased.
Oxygen Sparging-Pulse Injection System Packages
- Assume that 3 lbs. of oxygen are required to degrade 1 lb. of hydrocarbons
- Average flow assumed based on minimum values, higher flows per well possible with cyclical operation between wells.
- Total number of wells based on total flow divided by average well flow.